Sunday 26 April 2015

The Royal Shave Indian Way
























In india recently we started getting imported products such as boar hair shaving brushes, badger hair shaving brushes and all the associated shaving products, however there are many local products that can be used to replicate the effects of all the shaving products available abroad, and get THE ROYAL SHAVE THE INDIAN WAY. 


PRE SHAVE:
We usually take a hot shower before shaving, many of us guys keep a hot towel on their face to replicate the premium shave, what i do is i wash my face, either with my Nivea face wash or i use the famous dove soap to cleanse my skin and moistened my face and Grains.

PRE SHAVE OILS:
There are many pre shave oils available in indian market, all cost a lot , around 1500 - 2000 bugs, so i use oils available in the local grocery stores, such as bajaj almond oil or one i bought from a e retailer i.e Khadi almond oil. Usually i don't use oils but i used a cream i got from a local pharmacist which is good for skin that is the Aloederm cream which also contains linalool, i.e wool fat.The aloederm cream makes the skin blade ready.

SHAVE PREPARATIONS:
after applying the aloederm cream to my face, i get readt the things needed for my shave,i usually use a boar hair brush , which i have to soak in hot water for 5 minutes, if i am using a shave gel or shave cream then there is no preparation needed, but if i want to use a shaving soap, i have to soak it up in hot water also.

SHAVING RAZOR:
I  know there is lot of users of DE razor, but i am not a fan instead i use a mach 3 or mach 3 sensitive the green one, or the gillette fusion or the gillette fusion power , although i am not a fan of gillette fusion power, i thought i looked good in my collection or my shaving den.i usually use my mach 3 very often.

SHAVING METHODS:
After lathering my face, i use a very famous method of shaving used by literally everyone, first i shave with the grain , the i shave against the grain, so simple right ! . after two passes i check out that is there any place left to be shaved by moving my hand all over the place.

AFTER SHAVE:
After i am done shaving , i splash water of room temperature on my face, yeah thats right, later i take i take little bit of water in my palms and put few drops of after shave, or spray in case of atomiser, so as to reduce the burning effect associated with aftershaves.

EVEN AFTER, THE AFTER SHAVE:
As i have closed my open pores using alcohol based after shave, what i do is i take bit of water in my palms, squeeze some aloederm cream in my palms, rub the palm against one another , evenly apply on my face,what this does is it calms the already shocked skin which has goon through a shave and alcohol based after shave applied over it.

FINALLY:
I keep my shaving soap, and shaving brush in ventilated place to dry, clean the sink, clean my shaving equipment and just relax myself and chill out listening some soothing music.

This is my way to treat myself with a royal shave,if you have such a similar way or a very different way to shave please comment down below , lets us also know the different technique to shave.

                               HERE IS THE VIDEO:


1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your posts on your blog. Thank you.

    I use a straight edge- Either A Dovo or a CV Heljestrand(I actually had to google the right spelling)

    So i strop it 30-40 times, soak my brush(I bought a 10098 after watching one of your videos) or A Simpson brush i recently got.
    I dont use any pre shave but use mainly shaving soaps and I love finishing off with the Old Spice burn.

    Keep posting :D

    ReplyDelete